Thursday, February 9, 2017

Devotional 11 - Pain

            Today I write this devotional on a rough day physically for me. I always have some chronic pain, usually a headache I have had for over a year, but today it is my whole body. Sometimes I can connect the pain to eating something wrong or over doing it, but not today. I am grateful that I have had less and less bad days like this since I was diagnosed with chronic Lyme’s disease in September 2016. Thankfully God opened a door for me with a good doctor back in August. He understood my journey and has been helping me with medicine and supplements to get better. Even still you cannot predict when the bad days come.

            All of us suffer some kind of pain in our lives, whether physical or emotional. None of that is easy to handle. Some of us are suffering from heartbreak, while others are suffering from physical pain, but we have hope. Romans 8:17-18 NIV says “Now if we are children, then we are heirs – heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.” Jesus suffered a lot on the cross. I know that my suffering doesn’t compare to any of what he went through, but it is comforting to know that Jesus understands our pain.

            Right now my husband’s friend from college just passed away from cancer. That family is indeed suffering deeply. Also these past months they have seen him suffer so much physically. It all seems so unfair, but we know that he is not suffering anymore in heaven. Also my uncle is suffering from a close to death experience after a surgery to remove his lung cancer. I could keep going on with many others that are struggling with some sort of pain today, but we cannot lose hope. Even when it feels the worse pain ever, never give up! Today sing a song of praise through the pain from Isaiah 61:1-3
“The Spirit of the Sovereign Lord is on me,
because the Lord has anointed me
to proclaim good news to the poor.
He has sent me to bind up the brokenhearted,
to proclaim freedom for the captives
and release from darkness for the prisoners,
to proclaim the year of the Lord’s favor
and the day of vengeance of our God,
to comfort all who mourn,
and provide for those who grieve in Zion—
to bestow on them a crown of beauty
instead of ashes,
the oil of joy
instead of mourning,
and a garment of praise
instead of a spirit of despair.
They will be called oaks of righteousness,
a planting of the Lord

for the display of his splendor.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Frontier - Chp 2 - Part 1

Chapter II   “Why did you come back?” Myka asked. As she stood at the door of the tent.   Mic put his hand on her back to guide her towards ...