Monday, October 10, 2016

...Every duty and Every interruption...

Today in my devotional reading it said "Step with a firm step of confidence in Me into each unknown day. Take every duty and every interruption as of My appointment" (By God Calling). I thought well with a two year old there is always interruptions that is why my task list is usually 1 or 2 items so that I feel more accomplished by the end of the day.

My goals today were a walk, rest, and pharmacy. Since I woke up feeling pretty good (less pain and fatigue) I really wanted to do a good walk today. It took us a while to get out of our home, but when we did I couldn't decide where to go for a walk. Gratefully there are SO many paths and parks here. When I finally decided on one I wanted to go a little bit farther than I had before. Today's path ended up being next to a road on the left and pretty thick bush on the right. As we were going along I kept hearing noises in the bush and wondered if there was another trail inside there, but then I heard a man trying to yell out for someone to call 911. I stopped and look. It was almost difficult to see the man because he was about 10 meters away from me and he was wearing camouflage too. He said he had a seizure and was feeling dizzy. He had decided to take a short cut and didn't end up well. I really couldn't get to him easily and didn't want to leave my little girl on the path by herself. Thankfully the ambulance came quickly since the hospital was only a mile away. The EMTs took over and I left when they were able to get him into the ambulance. I am not sure what the man's whole story was, but I am glad that I heard him. Even though the path is usually full, today it was quite empty with only a few bikers that rode by during my time there. One thing that I have learned from all my dizzy spells and bad medicine detoxes it is hard to walk or be coherent after something like that. Before my medical issues I might of not completely understand the man's situation, but now in a small way I could totally relate.

With all the sad things that are happening in Haiti and on the east coast from Hurricane Matthew I feel helpless because of not being able to help those in need. I do know that we can always give money, but sometimes as being an MK (missionary kid) who is always been involved in some sort of ministry it makes it hard not to be able to help physically to others that are in need. Also I am aware  there are tons of opportunities of ministry available all around me, but a good friend told me that sometimes pushing to find ministry isn't as good as letting God "interrupt" your day with opportunities of ministry.  My next step for me is making sure I pay attention to the interruptions during my day. I am grateful that I listened to God today...praying I will keep listening to His still small voice. Even if it is "to rest or to go."

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Frontier - Chp 2 - Part 1

Chapter II   “Why did you come back?” Myka asked. As she stood at the door of the tent.   Mic put his hand on her back to guide her towards ...