Wednesday, October 5, 2016

As I was reading a bible story about Moses to our little marshmallow last night...I was hit by a new revelation between mother and child. When Moses' mom took the biggest step of faith of putting her baby boy in a basket to float down the river, she wasn't thinking about food allergies, SIDS, or even whether we should cry it out or not. I am sure she was thinking of the animals in the water, the water itself, and possibly the boy going into the wrong hands. How did the his mom feel!!! Even though we do not face exactly the same situation that she did...we as mom's still have our struggles. I still struggle leaving our little marshmallow at preschool knowing that she could get in contact with something that she is allergic to and then I am not there to help her. I also struggle with going out to eat knowing that we probably sound like the most annoying family asking so many questions about what it is the food. I still am bothered that I probably will have to keep giving her some allergy meds till we figure out what are her specific outside or indoor triggers.

When reading that story last night, God just said "I've got her." What a reassuring statement, because I don't know about other mom's but when they handed me that baby in the hospital and the doctors kept saying she needs to sleep on her back to prevent SIDS. Seriously I think the first year of her life I kept wondering if she was breathing. Now she wasn't a super sound sleeper and till she was 13 months old she still had one feeding a night (she didn't have enough calories in her formula). So I think after I realized she was fine in bed I would do my best to just sleep. Even still like last night, she woke up coughing (like a throwing up sound). And we couldn't get her to go back to sleep. Your mind wanders...and I have to keep going back to the statement by God "I've got her."

It will be a day to day process, and I still am taking my normal food allergy precautions, but the good thing is each day is a bit easier. I feel like Bob in "What about Bob" baby steps every where...baby steps with a new restaurant or baby steps trying new food. Baby steps with new place to visit. I can't keep her in a bubble, but knowing that someone much stronger, wiser, and powerful has got my little lady! Makes me smile and breath a little easier.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Frontier - Chp 2 - Part 1

Chapter II   “Why did you come back?” Myka asked. As she stood at the door of the tent.   Mic put his hand on her back to guide her towards ...