Thursday, January 24, 2019

When our children speak!


When God speaks through our children, we need to stop and listen. 

Last week I encounter a lot of new and unknown pain with this new treatment I started to try to help with my chronic pain and diseases. 

Lying on the couch seemed to be my spot all week long. Any time I had an activity I would do my best to accomplish it slowly, but as soon as I got home I would crash.  I had forgotten I had to go to the dentist for a regular cleaning so my 4 year old had to come with me. She asked me earlier that morning, “Does mommy not feel well.” I would respond, “Yes, sweetie.”

During the dentist appointment she was playing with my phone and I thought she was doing her normal games that she does, but soon she got out of the chair and brought my phone over playing a song. It was one of my favorite songs and singer. She put it up to my ear. She wanted to make sure I was comforted by the music. Then she would crawl up on top of my legs in the dental chair that is when she started to pray over me out loud. The dental hygienist was so touched by her gesture of love for her mother. It then started up great spiritual conversation with the lady. My daughter was truly worried about her mommy and she knew who to go to ask for help, God!

Then the next day, at one point I was praying out loud. I didn’t even realize I was. Next thing I knew was my 4-year-old daughter turned to me and said so clearly “Jesus is sending you an angel mommy.” I stood their shocked and overwhelmed by God’s goodness. He truly cared about my pain. God was reminding me that He was with me even through the new and scary pain. I can’t say that all the pain has gone away, but I felt the comfort of His presence so strong that the thoughts of worry and anxious spirit disappeared.

If you are in the moment of emotional or physical pain, remember God is there to comfort you. It might seem like He has abandon you, but He is quietly waiting for you to acknowledge His presence in your life. My daughter was definitely more in tuned with God’s presence than I was last week. She was listening to God and didn’t hesitate to share the good news that He told her.

I pray that I have the same spirit.  
I pray that I am listening too!
I pray that I keep my ear close to God’s whisper!
I pray that I can share the good news to others without hesitation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Frontier - Chp 2 - Part 1

Chapter II   “Why did you come back?” Myka asked. As she stood at the door of the tent.   Mic put his hand on her back to guide her towards ...