Monday, January 30, 2017

Devotional 5 - Giving


            Most people think that giving to missions means mostly money. As MKs we see how much our how family depends on it. Even churches and individuals always seem to hear about how they can support missions by giving. I am not saying that money isn’t necessary, but there are other ways we all can give.

            What I remember the most during our lives overseas was my parents giving of their time and experience to the local churches. Another memory is they gave me their personal time. Even with all of our busy schedules, my parents took time for hiking, lunch dates, visiting the country, going to my play productions, and especially cooking for school events.  One of the most important things they gave me was my freedom. Most of our time overseas I helped them out in ministry on Sundays and I truly did enjoy it, but when I hit my senior year they let me decide whether I wanted to go to church at all. They realized that soon I will be out of the house and would be making my own choices. Giving me my freedom was so encouraging as a teenager. It meant that they trusted me and wanted me to decide what I wanted to do without feeling pressure from my parents. I am grateful for all the things they gave me. They are the reason why I learned about giving.

            Yesterday, my husband reminded me that I gave of my first energy of the day to God at church. Since I got sick a year ago church has been very difficult to go to for many reasons, but still I go. Maybe I cannot give a lot of my time just yet or extra money beyond tithes, but I can give my energy. I hope that I can leave a giving legacy to my daughter like my parents did for me. Remember no matter what stage of life you are in, you can still give!

No comments:

Post a Comment

New Frontier - Chp 2 - Part 1

Chapter II   “Why did you come back?” Myka asked. As she stood at the door of the tent.   Mic put his hand on her back to guide her towards ...