Sunday, July 26, 2020

Between Worlds - Podcast 1



A few months back God pop an idea in my head, to start a podcast interviewing Third Culture Kids. I, of course, am a TCK and I felt like our stories sometimes get "oohed and awed" at a lot, but sometimes it is hard to build relationships that goes beyond the cool story. Many of my fellow TCKs live lives trying to fit in with the world and it becomes very difficult. I, for one, struggle with showing my true self mostly 
because I am afraid of offending someone, hurting someone's feelings or tired of being placed on a pedestal. I wanted to start this podcast to give a door for others to share their story, no matter how crazy or
uneventful it might seem to others. Also I want to learn from other TCKs by asking them these questions:

How have they learned to navigate between the worlds?
How are making friendships easy or hard?
How they battle the question "Where are you from?" 
How do they handle goodbyes? 

My cohost is Phebe Sistoso. She is a nurse midwife who does an incredible job helping mothers deliver their babies! She grew up in Korea. Her dad worked for the military and now is married to an Army man who was born in the Philippines, but moved to California around age 10. They have four kids!

I moved to Colombia, South America at age 8 and then we moved to Ecuador where I finished high school. My dad was a teacher at an international school in both places. I got the pleasure to experience a different culture after college when I moved to Bangkok, Thailand working for a missionary for two years. I married a California boy and we have a very princess daughter!

We want to interview military kids, expat kids, and 1st generation kids in the States. If you are a TCK and would like to be interviewed please let me know by email: chelseajvegter@gmail.com

Enjoy the podcast!!!



No comments:

Post a Comment

New Frontier - Chp 2 - Part 1

Chapter II   “Why did you come back?” Myka asked. As she stood at the door of the tent.   Mic put his hand on her back to guide her towards ...